Words matter and that’s why surrounding yourself with positivity and encouraging words can make all the difference. This means you should be conscious of other people’s words and the words that you say to yourself. This is where a mantra comes in handy. A mantra is like a small prayer that you say to yourself, especially in a moment of quietness or meditation. Mantras can give you strength when you least expect it.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with sadness, if you’re feeling stressed, or if you need a little courage to get through the rest of your day, close your eyes and repeat a mantra to yourself. Need some suggestions? Listed below are five examples for you to consider.
- “I can do anything, but not everything.” You are a wealth of power and you can achieve almost anything, but don’t spread yourself too thin. Dedicate yourself to the things that are most important to you. Don’t waste your valuable energy on things that aren’t worth your time.
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” —A. A. Milne. Don’t waste time worrying about past mistakes and regrets. And don’t waste time fearing the future. Instead, live in the present. You won’t get this precious moment back so treasure it.
- “Every day may not be good but there is something good in every day.” Being optimistic and looking at the glass half full can prevent you from being stressed and depressed. Even the worst days offer important life lessons and golden nuggets of wisdom. You can use even your worst days to grow stronger.
- “Everything I need is within me” or “I am enough.” You don’t really need that new makeup palette. There is unlimited beauty within you already; you just need to tap into it. Appreciate your special characteristics, such as your public speaking skills or your compassion for others. Appreciate your unique outer beauty as well. Confidence truly is a beautiful thing.
- “I choose to be happy.” Lay down your burdens and focus on your happiness. Take concrete steps to achieving your happiness. Don’t keep putting it off. Start today. Choose to be happy today.