Every mother deserves a super sweet gift on Mother’s Day. This year, avoid the delicious, less-than-nutritious treats such as cupcakes and try another sugary gift: homemade sugar scrubs. The sugar in these scrubs is an exfoliant and the accompanying essential oils and natural ingredients will hydrate and nourish her skin.
Listed below are a few sugar scrub recipes that your mom will love for Mother’s Day.
- Rose sugar scrub. This classy sugar scrub will bring a little luxury to your mother’s next at-home spa day. This recipe from Alluring Soul calls for fresh rose petals, sugar, sweet almond oil, and organic coconut oil. The rose not only has a delicate fragrance it also moisturizes dry skin and treats red skin.
- Whipped grapefruit mint sugar scrub. Does your mom enjoy citrus scents? If so, she’ll love this grapefruit sugar scrub. This recipe from The Kitchen McCabe calls for coconut oil, white sugar, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, peppermint oil, grapefruit oil, and beet juice. Grapefruit oil in this recipe is extracted from the rind of a grapefruit and it is said to treat oily skin.
- Lavender rosemary sugar scrub. If your mom likes more earthy scents she might love this lavender and rosemary sugar scrub. This DIY Beauty Diva recipe calls for raw cane sugar, sea salt, coconut oil, dried lavender, chopped rosemary, almond oil, and lavender essential oil. The raw sugar in this recipe is very coarse so it’s great for exfoliating tough skin on her feet.
- Green tea sugar scrubs. Whether you drink it or apply it to your body, green tea is great for you. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties are great additions to any sugar scrub. This recipe from Inspire Beauty Tips calls for sugar, green tea powder, green tea bags, and coconut oil.
- Vanilla sugar scrubs. If your mother prefers simpler scents you can’t go wrong with vanilla. This recipe from Thank Your Body includes brown sugar, granulated sugar, olive oil, honey, vanilla extract, and vitamin E oil. The brown sugar is soft so it’s suitable for a face or body scrub and the vitamin E oil will help to nourish the skin.
Important Note: When you give your mother the gift, be sure to tell her to test the sugar scrub on a small portion of her body first. You definitely don’t want her to have an allergic reaction on Mother’s Day!Tags: DIY crafts, dr. kathleen hall, home spa, mindful living, mother's day