High in vitamin C, vitamin A, and folate, papaya is a tropical delight that not only tastes good but is good for you as well. For the past few weeks, people have been enjoying various papaya dishes in recognition of National Papaya Month. You can celebrate too with these seven delicious papaya recipes.
- Papaya, banana, and coconut muffins. If you want something quick to eat in the morning, this muffin recipe from Happy & Harried is exactly what you need. This muffin recipe features the basic baking ingredients as well as papaya, banana, and coconut flakes. It’s a great change from the usual fruity muffins.
- Papaya and avocado smoothie. Don’t have time to sit and eat a muffin? Try a smoothie, like this one from Happy Foods. There are only four ingredients: oranges, bananas, avocado, and, of course, papaya. This drink is packed with vitamin C, which can help protect your immune system.
- Dehydrated papaya bites. Looking for a snack? Dehydrated papaya is a tasty treat to have on your desk at work. All you need to make it is fresh papayas, citric acid, and time in the oven. Find more information at this website.
- Papaya fruit and yogurt boats. Smoothie bowls are tasty, but what about a fruity breakfast bowl you can eat? That’s where tropical papaya boats come in. You simply cut a papaya in half, remove the seeds, and fill the center with yogurt, fruit (cherries, blueberries, or kiwi), nuts (such as almonds), seeds (such as chia seeds), and granola. If you’re interested, try this recipe.
- Thai fish burgers with a mango and papaya slaw. For a tropical and delicious dinner, check out this Brick Kitchen recipe. Simply grill your favorite fish fillets and serve them on a brioche bun with aioli, sriracha sauce, and your homemade Thai green mango and papaya slaw. The slaw is made with Thai basil leaves, green mangos, green papaya, lime juice, palm sugar, red chili, shallots, peanuts, and a few other ingredients. If you want to take it a step further, this recipe also shows you how to make your own brioche buns!
- Chicken and papaya stir-fry. Not hungry for fish? Try this recipe from Food & Wine. The chicken is cooked with soy sauce, cornstarch, white wine, onion, garlic, and ginger. The chicken is stir-fried with poblano peppers and papaya. This meal tastes delicious with fluffy white rice.
- Papaya and coconut vegan ice cream. Finally, have papaya for dessert with this ice cream recipe. All you need is two ripe papayas, coconut milk, honey, lime juice, and salt. You can throw pecans in your ice cream for additional fiber, protein, and manganese as well as a tasty crunch. You can find more instructions on how to make this yummy ice cream here.